Portesi Fund Awards Grants to Pacelli Catholic School Programs
The Portesi Fund for Catholic Education has awarded grants for six projects that will enhance the educational experiences in Pacelli Catholic Schools. The projects funded are listed below by school.
Pacelli Catholic Elementary School-St. Bronislava
- Third and fourth graders will receive funding for an interactive SMART Board game called Newzbrain. This exciting and innovative current events game will give the students the ability to learn about what is going on in the world around them, using the most advanced technology.
Pacelli Catholic Middle School-St. Peter
- The Physical Education (PE) department will be adding new mesh vests for gameplay, helping the students distinguish separate teams during class activities.
- Sixth graders will receive funding to purchase copies of “Mockingbird” by Kathryn Erskine. It is an inspiring story of triumph over tragedy, and students will learn how to overcome tragedy and accept life circumstances.
Pacelli Catholic High School
- Copies of “To Kill a Mockingbird” will be purchased for the freshman class. This will not only help them to expand their reading skills and literacy, but they will also be introduced to a larger, more complex worldview so that they can more clearly understand human interaction, social justice, and the virtues humanity must strive to achieve.
- The PE department will be able to purchase and replace worn out badminton racquets.
- Biology students will receive funding for culturing fungus. This project will enable the students to analyze the life cycle of Physarum Plasmodium, and improve their understanding of fungus.
The Portesi Fund for Catholic Education, established in 1999 as a resource for teachers in Pacelli Catholic Schools, is a designated fund administered by the Community Fund of Central Wisconsin. The fund provides for special projects and equipment that enhance the learning experience of students in the Catholic schools.
Leave a Comment